Egg and veggie patties
If you need something brand new on the breakfast table then this recipe is just for you!
Moist, not as eggy as you would think and unbelievably cheesy. It’s pack with veggies and you will love the subtle hint of chili.
Although delicious eaten straight from the pan, do try them as a substitute to bread by making cheesy toasties or have it with a hamburger patty sandwiched in between.
- 8 Eggs
- 2 tbsp cream *Optional
- 150 g grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 100 g Spinach finely chopped
- 50 g (+- 2) Zucchini's finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- Coconut oil for frying
- Saute' the onions in a pan until translucent, add the chili flakes and the spinach and saute' until the spinach has wilted down.
- Add the grated zucchini to the spinach and saute' for a further 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, cream, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Add the cooled spinach and mix through.
- Heat a small egg pan with a little coconut oil to coat.
- If you don't have an egg pan you can simply add a little of the mixture to a non stick flat base pan, just like you would make pancakes.
- Pour some of the mixture in the pan, about 3-4 tablespoons at a time.
- I've actually used a 60 ml measuring cup to scoop and drop the mixture in my pan.
- Fry on a low heat until almost cooked through on one side, turn and fry on the other side until cooked trough.