High Protein Pancakes
This is one of the best high protein pancake recipes I’ve tried so far. Whip up a batch and freeze 3 pancakes in a zip lock bag as a single serving. Simply thaw the pancakes overnight in the fridge or pop them in the toaster from frozen.
I use oatmeal instead of wheat flour for a healthier pancake and the egg whites will pump up the protein per portion which is exactly what you need if you are gym junkie like me.
It’s really convenient to have a batch on hand, plus they are super healthy. They come in handy on those days when you just don’t have time making breakfast.
Rather freeze them instead of keeping them in the fridge as they will discolor due to the banana in the recipe.
P.S Try them with your favorite nut butter and a dollop of honey!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 9 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Low-fat milk
- 2 Medium bananas mashed
- 2 cups Oatmeal (sifted)
- pinch of salt
- 2 sachets sweetener ( I’ve used vanilla Canderell)
- 15 ml baking powder
- 2,5 ml cinnamon *additional
- Coconut oil for frying
- Use a blender for quick convenience or blend in a large bowl by hand.
- Whisk your egg whites, add the rest of the ingredients one by one.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high heat and reduce to medium heat.
- Place +- 1/2 tsp coconut oil to your pan.
- Scoop a high full Tablespoon of the mixture onto your pan and lightly spread in a circle with the back of your spoon.
- Fry for +- 30-60 seconds or until you see bubbles form.
- Flip over and bake on the other side until golden brown.
Yields 36 Pancakes
3 Pancakes equals 1 x Carbohydrate portion.