Low-Carb ♥ Filled Chocolates for Valentine’s
Love is, home-made chocolates with a strawberry jelly and a creamy chocolate center!
This is pure melt in your mouth goodness and 100 percent worth the effort! These little chocolate bites of love is all you will need this Valentine’s day to show your affection.
They are LCHF, banting and Paleo friendly. There is still enough time to make them for someone special, just keep in mind that they will need to set overnight in the fridge.
A delicious sugar free Low carb filled chocolate especially for Valentine's day!
- TOOLS YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 x silicon chocolate mold
- 1 x food brush
- FOR THE OUTER CHOCOLATE SHELL:
- 100 g Dark lindt chocolate 70%
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 1 tsp Gelatine powder
- 4 strawberries chopped
- 125 ml water
- 2 tsp Xylitol
- FOR THE CREAMY CHOCOLATE CENTER:
- 50 g Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Cacoa powder
- 2 tsp Xylitol
- CHOCOLATE SHELL
- Melt 50 g of the dark chocolate in the microwave in short burst or on your stove top by bringing an inch of water to a simmer in a pot.
- Set a heat proof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Place the chocolate in the bowl and stir occasionally until completely melted, remove the pot from the heat.
- Use a food brush and paint the chocolate inside the silicon mold and place in the fridge to set.
- STRAWBERRY JELLY FILLING
- Chop 4 strawberries and place with the 125 ml water and 2 tsp of Xylitol in a saucepan and simmer gently until the strawberries has infused the water and the liquid is reduced by 75 ml.
- Pour through a strainer.
- Add 1 tsp of Gelatine powder to your strawberry liquid and stir until the Gelatine powder has dissolved fully.
- Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime make the creamy chocolate filling.
- CREAMY CHOCOLATE FILLING
- Soften the cream cheese by placing it a small bowl and vigorously stirring it with a fork, add the Xylitol and continue to hand mix until the xylitol is no longer visible.
- Add the cacao powder and mix again. Cover and place in the fridge until needed.
- Fill the chocolate shells with the cooled strawberry jelly and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Soften the creamy chocolate filling again by stirring with a fork and fill the chocolate centers, leave a little space for the chocolate bottoms that will follow.
- Place in the fridge and melt the rest of the 50 g chocolate, let it cool slightly before you fill up your chocolate bottoms.
- Place in the fridge overnight and gently pop them out of your silicon moulds.
If you ♥ Love this post, then share it!