Up your protein with this deliciously healthy egg rolls.
Protein is not just for bodybuilder’s, it is of utmost importance to any diet as it is used to build and repair muscle tissue. Off course athletes needs more protein in their diet than regular people as they break down muscle tissue at a faster rate due their intense workouts. Keep in mind though, not all athletes or bodybuilder’s need the same amount, the gender and type of training should be taken into account as well.
We should be consuming close to 30 / 40 % of this essential macro nutrient, however most diets only provides us with 15% . The RDA’s suggested maximum protein intake is 0.08 – 1.8 grams per kilo of body weight per day.
A great source of protein is whole eggs, they are probably one of the most nutritious foods on the planet loaded with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, eye-protecting antioxidants and brain nutrients. One whole egg yields 13 g of protein, not too shabby!
But take it from fitness freak, you can only eat so many eggs before you want to barf! It is important to keep things “eggciting” in your diet. That’s why I love eggs as my protein source, you can basically eat it as a fruit (hard boiled and peeled), fried, poached and my favorite, as a liquid that can be mixed to your heart’s content with other ingredients to make your breakfast an “eggstraordinary” one!
Upgrade your diet with this super healthy protein rich dish that’s low in carbs and high in protein.
Magda van Wyk
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 8 large eggs
- Spring onions chopped (to own taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or coconut oil for frying
- Whisk the eggs, salt & pepper and spring onions together.
- Heat a little olive oil or coconut oil in a pan on moderate heat.
- Pour 60 ml of the mixture in the pan and swirl so that the mixture thinly coats the pan. A 60 ml measuring cups works wonderful here. The idea is to get them as thin as possible so adjust your liquid eggs according to the size of your pan.
- Cook for a minute or two until the mixture has set and turn out onto a plate, roll.
- To roll fold opposite sides to meet in the middle and roll up like a pancake from the other side.
- Serve with a sugar free sweet chili sauce on the side